Navigation and Weather Course
- General discussion of weather and it impacts on sea kayakers
- Rules of the nautical road
- Parts of the compass
- Take a bearing on chart and “real world”
- Understand “deviation/variation”
- Chart datum
- Plot course on a chart (calculate distance, time and bearings.
- Understand “Piloting”
- Chart symbols, what is “chart 1″?
- More information here
We will have multiple opportunities to try all this out and all materials will be supplied.
Details For Upcoming Classes:
Location: Potomac Paddle Sports
Duration: 2-2 1/2 hrs
Dates 2013: 2/8